Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Color Help!

I'm in need of YOUR help!

See the awesomely cheerful yellow kitchen wall? We painted that about 2 years ago.

I need a change!
Those boring white cabinets keep calling me to be painted!
I'm wanting to paint the doors on all the cabinets but I don't know what color to paint them!

When we first painted the yellow walls, I was feeling the yellow/green/purple garden flower thing.
Recently I've been loving the turquoise/yellow/orange/lime green Caribbean vibe.

Can you help me pick something to liven up these boring, standard white cabinets?






4 comments:

Tim and Maria Jones said...

Try a warm blue that is versatile to match your old, new and future style, like Warm Lagoon.

https://www.glidden.com/inspiration/color-catalog.do
p. 11

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

Wow! You're certainly not afraid of color!

I would go with turquoise.

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

I love the yellow and white. It looks so clean but I also love the idea of Turquoise or even more, Aqua which to me is a bit calmer.
Why not keep the white cabinets and just tile the walls above the counter with some tiny tiles in your new colors. Always lots of options. My suggestion would be take an afternoon and visit your local Barnes & Noble and look thru all of their decorating magazines for some really great ideas. I just bought the latest issue of "Romantic Country" and the kitchen on the cover is my DREAM kitchen~ ~ ~someday!
Have fun with it and let us know what you decide. It's been really nice to meet you~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

I think you need a loud bit of art hung right there under the flowers!! Don't you find those flowers to be a HUGE dust magnet?