Monday, June 15, 2009

Cooking Class: Creamy Chicken Casserole

Creamy Chicken Casserole

This is one of my favorite meals to cook for a few reasons:
It's yummy
It's easy
It's budget-friendly
It's a one dish meal

1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of long grain rice (NOT the instant kind)
2 cups of cooked chicken (usually about 1 or 1 1/2 chicken breasts)
salt & pepper to taste (I skip the salt)
OPTIONAL: frozen mixed veggies

Spray dish with cooking spray
Mix all ingredients together in a casserole dish (I use a large oval Corningware-the one that's almost the size of a 13 x 9)
Cook uncovered at 325 for 1 hour
I also check mine and mix to ensure all the rice cooks properly
If you decide to throw in the veggies, I do it in the last 10-15 minutes so they aren't too mushy.

WAH-LAH....easy, budget friendly dinner.


No comments: